Washing Machine Repair
Attempting to repair a??washing machine??without proper training and safety standards is dangerous.??Washing machine should only be repaired by skilled professionals who have the knowledge and experience to safely bring them out of disrepair. Repairs performed by unqualified people risk serious injury or even death.
To reduce the need of repairs, use the following preventative measures. Proper maintenance and care is essential in keeping your??washing machine??running efficiently. Improper care will cause your unit to overwork by using more electricity to keep you clothes clean than if properly maintained. By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your washing machine?? and avoid many costly repairs.
10 money saving tips that will extend the life of your??washing machine??and lower the cost of energy.??
- Make sure that the??washing machine???s??feet are level to prevent an imbalance in the machine that may cause loud noises and added wear and tear on the unit.
- Make sure water faucets are in good condition. Connect to faucets carefully; improperly connecting to the faucets can cause major water damage to the home. Turning faucets on and off before and after you wash can extend the life of you hoses. This also prevents hard water buildup.
- Rubber Hoses, over time, get worn out, brittle and leak. It is recommended that hoses be replaced every 5-7 years.
- Check drain hoses are not impeded from draining. Remove kinks and other stoppages. Improper draining may cause the pump to overheat and burn out.
- If your??washing machine??has a lint filter, remove and clean regularly to prevent clogs.
- Do not overload with clothes??because the added pressure on the hoses can cause them to burst.
- Use the proper amount of detergent (see detergent box instructions) for your??washer??and water hardness. Dont use too much detergent because too many soap suds will cause the washing machine to work harder and use extra energy. Detergent dissolves in water temperature over 55 degrees F.
- Save money and energy by washing in warm water. Washing clothes in hot water uses twice as much energy as washing in warm water.
- Presoaking is recommended for soiled items while shorter cycles are recommended for delicate items.
- Washing one large load is more efficient than washing two smaller loads.